Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Working' On It

I was hoping to jump on the laptop and jot down a few words but Mikey's got it so this will have to do.

I have brought my lunch to work twice already this week. I know, huge accomplishment right? But I think I have been doing pretty good with what I eat. I'm still craving carbs (as evidenced by all of the crunchy snacks in the grocery cart). But I am trying to eat veggies when I get the urge. I'm thinking of making some male chips again, as those weren't too bad.

I skipped the gym yesterday (yea, yea) but that was to go to the chiropractor. One of the things I really need to work on this year is to stop making excuses for not going to the gym. I am usually telling myself that I can't go to the gym Wednesday, since I didn't go on Monday or Tuesday. Why bother? I've already screwed up the week, might as well try again next week. Today I fought that excuse and went to the gym. It's sad I even have to do that.

But I am glad I did. One thing I do like about Burn Fitness is that they always treat me as if I've been coming every day. There's no looks of disappointment when I walk in the door. No nagging me for where I've been. And I wasn't expecting them to even remember me when I first joined. I had left the small intimate gym for the big, loud, dark, anonymous new gym. And I've been increasingly more satisfied with them as each day goes on. the staff is friendly. The trainers are smart, and capable of working with all kinds of people. And the equipment is technologically  advanced and always clean. And they care about the community, I talked with the staff at the Clinton River Fall Classic last year.

Well, I've written more than I ought to have. I need to get ready and head out to practice. Nothing better than all the squats I'll do laying track for scrimmage.

2 comments:

  1. K Jen, I'm here. I'm following, and we will do it together :):):) I need to be smaller by Jesus Christ Superstar! I have decided, and now it shall be done :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misty! Being smaller by then is a good goal. I'll have more details up on my blog soon about my plan. I just thought up a cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete