Monday, January 9, 2012

All The Better To See You With!

I'll go ahead a start right out by saying no, I didn't go to the gym tonight. I should have squeezed it in, but I didn't.  I did, however, have an eye appointment.  It was becoming ever so more apparent that my eyes just weren't meeting the necessary standards. I realized how bad it was when I was score keeping for the DDG a few months back. And then it was really obvious when I had to try and read street signs in Canada over the weekend.  I was dreading going, because I didn't want to spend the money.  Thankfully the exam, frames and lenses didn't cost as much as I thought it was going to.  That was a real relief.  So in two weeks I will be able to see again!

I was good on the eating part... for most of the day.  I had oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. A banana for a mid-morning snack. A salad of the taco variety, but not with all the bad stuff.  Olives, black beans, tomatoes, some tortilla chips but not a lot, and salsa for a dressing.  Oh, wait, I guess mid-afternoon is where it went down hill.  Rather than the juice box with my lunch I did have a Pepsi, and I had some goldfish crackers and later some cookies. That was about the time I was trying to fill time in at work, I only had so much work left, and a meeting coming up and I was trying to stretch it out.  So I made a trip to the vending machine. For dinner I had a crunch wrap from Taco Bell and a small Pepsi. Ok, so maybe I didn't do so hot afterall. 

But, the biggest part of dealing with a problem is admitting you have one, right? I will keep working at it.  Must lose weight! I suppose Mikey is out playing in the garage, I could always hop on the Wii?

No comments:

Post a Comment