Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A New Beginning

Well, here is the new blog. Inspired by a yahoo article I read today, I thought I would try to blog my weight loss challenges and goals. From what I read, you have to be brutally honest about this stuff, so here goes it:

My name is Jennifer and at the start of the new year I weighed 186.6 pounds. I currently wear an extra large shirt and size 16 pants. I am approximately 5'3".

On Monday, January 3rd, I canceled my gym membership at Snap Fitness and joined the new Burn Fitness that is closer to my house. They have new high-tech machines that have made working out a bit funner, being the geek that I am. I love that I can plug my iPod and jump drive right into the elliptical, treadmill and stationary bikes. I can control my iPod through the controls on the machine all the while recording my workout stats on my jump drive.

With my new membership, I got a deal on two personal trainer sessions. I met with her on two different Fridays. Both times I can say I got my butt kicked, but I did pick up some pointers and some new workouts. The trainer suggested that I do an hour of cardio at least four times a week, and be sure to include some strength training.

Along with the new gym membership, I have also been eating better, for the most part. I have been bringing my lunch to work and have been trying to cut out the soda. I don't like diet soda so that isn't an option. Over the past few years, the boyfriend and I have been cutting out more and more of our processed foods and opting to cook things using whole foods. Where possible, I also try to consume organic foods.

Unfortunately, I have a few weaknesses when it comes to food:
  • I love Pepsi - I have stopped purchasing the drink for my home, and try to only drink fountain soda when I am out.
  • I love beer - I don't drink daily, and I don't consume a lot, but I do like to drink once or twice a week.
  • I love bar food - Anything deep fried is my friend.
  • I eat when I am bored.
I can't say that I am not active, as I love to walk my dog, in the summer at least. One of my hurdles will be convincing myself to still go to the gym on the days I'd rather skip it and walk the dog. I will have to work out a way to do both.

With this blog I want to do a few things:
  • Record my daily calorie intake, and calories burned.
  • List my daily workouts.
  • Record my weight loss in pounds and inches.
  • Share my thoughts and feelings.
  • Be honest about my downfalls, and remind myself of my positive results.
  • Keep myself motivated.
With that all being said, I will try to post weekly of how I am doing. Please feel free to leave me comments, as I will appreciate any feedback I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment